Friday, January 24, 2014

2 words

The end... These are one of my least favorite 2 words. You get that relieved, but sinking feeling inside you, especially if it is the end of a  good movie or book. I have been through many "the ends", such as the Harry Potter series and the Star War saga, but the end of GLPS 21 has so far given me the worst "the end" feeling. Sitting her typing this, I still can't believe that this is the end. A week, or even a day ago, it felt like camp was never going to end.
All our classmates, teachers, roommates, PAs, and TAs that we knew like old friends are now going to part. Although we may still contact each other, we will probably never have another opportunity to study, to debate, and present in front of each other like we did in GLPS. As I said in the beginning, there's a sinking, yet relieved feeling inside me. The heavy burden of history presentations and mock trial is now gone. I feel like I can now breathe in all the clean and fresh air, and can see the true beauty of the school campus. But, with this blissful feeling comes the tremor of uneasiness. Although it was tough at times, I wish (now that it is over) that I could study more here. I guess The only way to do that is to come back. Not as a GLPS camp kid, but as one of the mature and bright KMLA students. It will be harder than anything I have ever done yet, but I feel that I have gotten some courage and motivation. To leave evidence of my determination here, I threw a coin into the fountain in front of the Chungmu building, hoping that 2 years from now I would be able to  retrieve it and buy myself a drink. Although not many of you will read this, I would really like to thank everyone at GLPS. To all the teachers, I would like to say that I am very thankful for all their help and passion. To the PAs and TAs, I want to say thank you for taking care of us and forgiving our wrong doing. Finally, I wish my classmates good luck and hope that we will meet someday in the future. Thank you all for a great GLPS!! I will miss everyone...





2 comments:

  1. Your phone number! I forgot it can you tell me again?

    ReplyDelete